Do you have a successful inbound sales strategy?
Did you know that before a potential client even reaches you website, 60% of their purchase decision has already been made? According to the Corporate Advisory Board, this is because more people are doing online research before they visit or speak to any company and the bigger the price tag, the more time they dedicate to online investigation.
This means the traditional sales process has changed. The time it takes from initial contact with your companies marketing material to the first Sales call is much longer, and when you do finally speak to your customer, they are already knowledgeable about your product. So the role of Salesman is now changing to advice led consultancy. So how can you use this information to increase the conversion rate for your products or services?
The answer is to adopt a new inbound sales strategy by working closer with your marketing people to attract the right customers to you in the first place. Then your job is easy… Here is our 4 step guide on how to do it:
- Nurturing your leads to make them into a catalyst to a hotter prospect before you make your first contact.
- Using helpful and informative content marketing to draw in more of your target market by using social media to drive traffic to your blogs, and then into your website and sales funnel.
- Using new inbound software to gather vital data on who is visiting your website, and on where they are going within it.
- Using this data to send them related e based information about products of services related to whatever they were looking at.
- Inbound enquiries will then be much more qualified than random or accidental visitors.
- This is certainly a great deal of work for marketing teams and sales reps, but current CRM systems have automated software that will do all this for you, using no extra man hours.
- This means time can be spent generating new and attractive content that will bring in further clients from other market sectors.
The First Sales Call:
- Making your first sales call more successful is the most critical test.
- Money has already been invested in marketing so a Return on Investment depends on making this more successful.
- Knowing exactly when to contact them and what to say can make the difference.
- Improving your intelligence on your prospects will have an effect.
- All this is now included in most decent CRM systems and contained within the inbound software programmes.
- Having a lead scoring process is key to giving your sales team the edge.
- Once your prospects have shown an interest in your product or service, they will expect a follow up call from your sales team
- If this call does not happen, they will probably float across to a company that does contact them at that crucial point.
- Knowing what to say to them is your next hurdle, and knowing a little about them; their role, their name, their company will certainly help.
- All this information should be available via your CRM system so your sales team can deliver a truly informed sales call tailored to each individual client.
Listening to Prospects and Customers:
- Being constantly aware of your online activity and how it responds to clients’ needs is vital.
- Create timely follow up calls based on the level of interest clients show in aspects of your product range
- This will close the sale faster and lead to a shorter sales cycle
- It will also create appropriate follow up subjects and allow you to monitor repeat sales, cross sales and up sales.
- Monitor exactly what clients are saying about you, to the rest of the world on social media and follow up any queries or complaints quickly and in an appropriate way.
- A good CRM system can set up proper alerts for you, based on territory, or product, or even by client group. A daunting task if you don’t have such a system in place.
Notice the devil hidden in the detail:
- Reporting on how your sales activity is performing is vital
- Do you actually know your companies lead conversion rate? And the individual rate of every sales person?
- Probably this is something you already look at, but is it in real time, or are you always 1 or 2 months behind what is really going on at the coal face?
- A good CRM system can do all this for you, every month, week or every day if you wish. Have you hand on the real time figures as they happen in your business.
- Do you know exactly where your converted leads came from? This is vital information for your marketing teams and the success of their campaigns and projects.
- Good inbound software will integrate with your CRM giving you closed-loop reports, accurate data and detailed information.
- Know where you most valuable leads are coming from, their pathway through your inbound marketing, and the salesperson who closed the deal
- Then just repeat this best practice by delivering training to those who you can see are not performing, and rewarding those who are.
So What Happens Next?
We hope that this has been a helpful tool, showing you how inbound marketing software and a good CRM can really drive your business forward by increasing your sales and your profit margins.
If you would like to find out more about how inbound software and CRM can help your business, just give us a call on 020 83355910 any time.