And how will you know?
There is no doubt that centralising all your customer data and removing the need for tedious admin tasks will make your business more efficient, but how can you make it more effective at the same time? The right Customer relationship Management tool can actually boost productivity, so how does it work and what are the key signs to look for, that it’s the right time to invest in a good CRM system?
Here’s a Quick Quiz and if you can answer YES to any of these scenarios, you definitely need to read on:
- You use Social Media but have no idea if it benefits your business
- It takes your Reps at least 4 hours to write their weekly Reports
- Your best client just went to a competitor because the returns issue he had 3 months ago wasn’t dealt with and you thought Accounts were dealing with it!
- You spend all week driving up and down Motorways to clients
- You can’t remember what every customer bought last year
- You have customer notes on post-it’s, in your Diary and on your phone
- You have no idea if your clients read your marketing emails
- Your Credit Control have some overdue clients who won’t pay, but your Salesmen keep selling them more products
- Your staff have to enter customer details in separate systems for Accounts, Delivery, Sales and Stock movement
Still with us?
Those questions are a very revealing way to determine whether you should invest in a good CRM System. But can you afford NOT to have one, if any of these issues are happening in your business?
It is a pertinent question especially for an SME that is growing its customer base and its employees by responding to immediate business needs, so each different business will have a different answer. Our suggestion is to benchmark some of the key issues which will help you to evaluate whether now is the right time to think about installing a CRM System for your business.
Try this easy checklist of benchmarks:
- When your workforce reaches a certain number
- When you reach a certain revenue point
- When your Fleet has a certain number of vehicles
There isn’t a universal optimal point where having a CRM System becomes a necessity, but there will be a point when you can see benefits in having a more competitive edge, greater productivity and a more efficient customer pathway through your company. The best thing about having a CRM system is that once it is installed, it will be a long term solution and will grow with you from the day it arrives.
Here are 10 benefits to having a CRM System:
- You can generate a report on any aspect of your business at the press of a Button
- All your customer data is in one place and is accessible to all your staff
- You know exactly what is in your pipeline, how many deals you won and lost last month
- If any Employee walked out tomorrow, you have a record of all his customers, projects, and outstanding quotes for someone else to take over
- You can immediately track how many complaints of customer issues are ongoing and who is resolving them
- You can track every incoming lead, and know who is following it up. Or not.
- You have access to your customer data on mobile devices and add information straight to it, instead of waiting to get back to your office
- You can see the performance of all your sales team at any point in the month
- You can see which social media campaigns are bringing in new enquiries and which are not.
Brave New World:
All this might seem like a brave new world at the moment; but once you start working with a CRM System, you really will wonder how you ever managed to stay in business without one. Imagine if you had 50 new customers this month, great for your sales figures, but would your current systems be able to cope?
If not, it is time to invest in a good CRM System.
Why not have a chat with one of our Technical advisors about the different CRM Systems available and which one might be best for your business. You may contact us at our London office on 020 83355910 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org